How to Obtain Parking Permits
- A car registration is required for each car in order to obtain a window decal.
- The car must be registered to the resident who is requesting the decal. If the car is owned by a business, a form must be filled out by the business (owner of the car) in order to get the window decal.
- There is a maximum of two (2) active window decals permitted per household. The first decal is free; there is a $12 fee for a second decal.
- Should a resident need to replace a car for any reason, the sticker will be free of charge.
- All window decals expire on the same day, regardless of when they are purchased.
- This sticker is to be placed on the outside of the lower right-hand corner of the last window on the driver's side.
- In order to remove a decal from the system the resident is required to prove that the car will no longer be parked in the parking lots. This can be done by providing a termination of lease agreement, paperwork from the Department of Motor Vehicles showing that the plates have been surrendered or surrendering the sticker itself.
- Temporary decals are available should a resident need to rent a car. In this case, the rental agreement is required. It should show the resident's name and the expected date of return. If a resident has purchased a monthly or yearly parking ticket, it should be brought in so adjustments can be made to it.
- Window decals are required for parking at all times.
- No parking decal shall be issued for the following and no such vehicle as the following shall be parked in any Park District commuter lot:
- commercial vehicle
- taxi cab
- Parking fees apply Monday through Friday between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. and a daily, monthly or yearly parking ticket must be hung from the rear-view mirror or placed on the dashboard of the vehicle.
- Dailies, Monthlies and Yearlies can be purchased at Great Neck House during office hours.