Great Neck Skate School follows the Learn To Skate USA curriculum made by U.S. Figure Skating. The Learn to Skate Program is designed to teach skaters the fundamentals of skating in a supportive and enjoyable environment. The Great Neck coaching staff consists of experienced and qualified professionals. Our program includes classes for skaters of all ages and ability. We want all of our skaters to experience the joy of skating. Skaters will progress at their own rate and advance after their skill mastery is demonstrated. All group classes will focus on the proper skill development that will install a lifelong love of skating.
• There are NO makeups.
• Skate rental fee is not included in the price of the program.
• Group classes run in 7-week periods.
• There are a maximum of 8 students per class.
• A helmet (bicycle or ski) must be worn to every group class (levels Basic 6 & under) or child will not be able to participate.
• Gloves and warm layers are recommended for all skaters.
• Names tags serve as your admission to class and must be worn to all classes.
Our professional staff will evaluate skaters based on age and ability during the first two weeks of class to ensure skaters are in the correct class. Skaters will be evaluated during week six to determine whether or not the skater has mastered the elements required.
This 30 minute class allows parent and child to enjoy learning together; it is a fantastic way to bond and introduce your young child to ice skating! Click here to register for Parent and Me class.
Prefree skate through Freestyle 3 classes are 60-minutes long and are geared towards the more advanced/competitive skater. In these classes, skaters work on advanced skills including jumps, spins and edgework.